Safe Routes to Groceries event
on July 15th
at New Seasons Market Concordia
on 5320 NE 33rd Ave. in Portland, OR.
This is a celebration of bicycling to get groceries. This is an alternative to driving to the store. We know that half of automobile trips are 3 miles or less and we want people to consider the sustainability aspect of bicycling to bring home fresh food in a convenient and sage manner.
The event will provide
- Free white plastic buckets for rear rack panniers (& will help affix them to the bikes!)
- We will be featuring Bicycle ambassadors from Portland Bureau of Transportation helping people find their best low volume streets from home to fresh food.
- Queen Bee and North Street Bags showing off beautiful panniers for carrying groceries in style.
- Cosmo spaghetti sauce samples.
- Grand Central Bakery goodies
- Cat Six Bicycle store will be on hand to evaluate bicycles and offer a discount for tune up/repair.
- Cat Six and Clever Cycles will be showing bicycles built for carrying groceries and kids
Raffle to win a pair of North Street Panniers.
This is a first for Portland. New Seasons is taking on this campaign to help people use the Bicycle Boulevards in order to get groceries in a sustainable manner.
For more information, visit PBOT Events Calendar or Every1Bikes.