Fun, funky, family friendly and free. That’s the 19th Annual Alberta Street Fair, presented Saturday, Aug. 13, 11 a.m.-9:30 p.m. by Legacy-GoHealth Urgent Care.
Showcasing the best of the Alberta Street community, the event features entertainment, music, vendors, and food and drink for people of all ages. Hosted by Alberta Main Street, the event continues to be one of Portland’s most beloved neighborhood street festivals and draws more than 25,000 people.
The fair will kick off with the Sixth Annual Children’s Parade, starting promptly at 11 a.m. at 15th Avenue and ending at the Center Stage at 21st Avenue. Participants meet at 10:30 a.m. at the Alberta Co-op parking lot at 15th Avenue.
Additional event highlights include:
- Kid’s Activity Corner, hosted all day by PDX Parent at 18th Avenue, provides crafty fun and entertainment for children of all ages
- Unique products and crafts from Alberta’s local businesses and 300 vendors lining Alberta Street between 11th and 30th avenues from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Dancing and music at three stages located at 11th, 21st and 30th avenues – keep an eye on albertamainst.org for the full lineup
- Local beer and wine at the family friendly venues: 11 a.m.-9:30 p.m., Radio Room Beer Garden, 11th Avenue, 11 a.m.-6 p.m., Bella Faccia Beer Garden, 29th Avenue; and 1-6 p.m., PDX Urban Wineries Tasting Pavilion, 30th Avenue
- Food and beverages from Alberta’s well-known eateries, food carts and Street Fair vendors
- All-day activities and demonstrations between 10th and 11th avenues
Volunteers are needed, mostly for three-hours shifts. In addition to helping put on a great community event, you receive a super cool T-shirt, a ticket for a beer, (if you are age 21 or older) and an invitation to our volunteer appreciation party in late August. Sign up for a shift today and tell your friends!
A suggested $2 donation supports building a vibrant and healthy Alberta Street. Donations are accepted at the info booth, 1722 N.E. Alberta Street, and the beer garden. Please consider walking, biking or taking public transportation to The Alberta Street Fair.