The CNA Board held its regularly scheduled monthly meeting on June 14, 2016. Some highlights from the meeting are:
• The CNA will have games for kids and an information table at NE Sunday Parkways on July 24 at Fernhill Park. Stop by and say “hi” and hear about what your neighborhood association is working on for the benefit of the neighborhood, and learn how you can get involved.
• Garlynn Woodsong, chair of CNA’s Land Use and Transportation Committee, provided an update on the city’s Residential Infill Project Stakeholder Advisory Committee. Guest speaker Mary Kyle McCurdy, with 1000 Friends of Oregon and representing the Portland for Everyone coalition, provided some background information on how various plans under consideration will affect development in Portland’s neighborhoods. Both Garlynn and Mary Kyle served on the Residential Infill Project Advisory Committee.
• The Board heard an update on planning for National Night Out, scheduled for Tues., August 2. CNA’s event will include a children’s parade that starts at Dekum Court followed by the last Summer Concert of the season at Fernhill Park.
• The CNA media team provided an update on its staffing proposal to contract several paid positions to help produce Concordia News. The Board approved the hiring of contractors for three of the four advertised contract positions: Managing Editor, Editor, and Graphic Designer/Layout. The search for an Ad Sales person is still active.
• The next Board meeting is Tuesday, July 12 at 7 p.m. at McMenamins Kennedy School, in the Community Room. Meetings are open to all – we hope to see you there!