Seeking candidates for Concordia Neighborhood Association (CNA) Board of Directors Election
Tuesday November 5th, 7 pm in the Kennedy School Community Room!
Do you have a passion for community engagement?
- Would you like to gain some experience serving on a Board of Directors for a nonprofit?
- Would you like to add a skill to your resume?
If your answer is yes then contact Paul Wilkins at pdxpaul
Some of our past year’s achievements have included:
- Saved TriMet Bus route number 9
- Raised 17 thousand dollars for hosting 5 concerts in Fernhill park
- Taken an official position against CRC and coal transport
- Influenced T-Mobile’s abrupt change in plans to install cell phone antennas
Board members attend one monthly meeting, participate in CNA-sponsored events, as well as serve on at least one working committee of their choice. Terms begin January 2014 and run 1-2 years depending upon the position being filled.
- Be a resident, own property, or a business within our boundaries. You will be asked to sign in at the meeting and confirm your membership in the Concordia neighborhood association.
There is no age limit for election, but nominees under 18 must attend with a parent or adult chaperone.