It’s a new year, and the City of Portland Bureau of Planning and Sustainability is gearing up for its 2012 series of Urban Growth Bounty classes. We hope that you can help spread the word in your neighborhood — it’s a terrific lineup of courses, with plenty of old favorites to go along with some fresh new subjects.
- Learn everything you need to know about vegetable gardening with Oregon Tilth and Josh Volk.
- Find out the secrets of delicious, home-made cheeses with Claudia Lucero.
- Join Glen Andresen for his unique insights into backyard beekeeping or fruit production.
- Maximize your garden bounty with Will Newman’s insights into soils and tools.
- Start your own backyard flock with help from Naomi Montacre’s chicken, goat, and mixed herd classes.
- Dive into edible landscaping with Jen Aron.
- Explore the world of food preservation (canning, freezing, fermentation, etc.) with OSU Extension Service and the folks at Living City.
You should register now to ensure a place in these limited-size classes. They’re the perfect way to explore urban homesteading and connect with the community.
Feel free to reply to this address or to email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, and by telephone at 503-823-6947.