The Community Watershed Stewardship Program (CWSP) is pleased to announce that grants of up to $10,000 are available to support projects that improve neighborhoods and communities while also improving the health of our watersheds. Application deadline is Friday, March 29, 2013 at 4:00 p.m..
For application materials and information: www.portlandonline.com/bes/stewardship, call 503-823-7917 or email email@example.com.
Or you can attend a workshop for prospective applicants. The workshop will help groups develop their projects and put together competitive applications. Light refreshments will be provided.
Wednesday, February 13
6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
8226 N Denver Avenue Portland, OR 97217
Potential projects can include:
Eligible projects are those that build community and improve watershed health, including:
Neighborhood safety, health and livability projects
- Discourage criminal activity by cleaning up and greening troubled properties
- Manage pollution and stormwater runoff
- Solve a drainage problem on your school or church playground or parking lot
- Add trees, vegetation, and public art
Youth leadership and skills development
- Provide stipends for teens and young adults to work on neighborhood projects
- Help young people gain work experience in environmental and green jobs fields
- Remove unneeded pavement or turf and create a garden that provides fresh food
- Add native plant areas to your food garden to attract pollinators
Art and education
- Create art that educates your community about watersheds
- Organize learning and community service opportunities that improve the urban environment
Cleanup and restoration
- Invasive plant removal
- Bioswales, rain gardens and naturescaping
- Natural area cleanup and restoration