February 20, 2022 | Position open until filled
See end of this page for how to apply.
The Media Team Lead is a paid contractor position, with responsibility for the overall production and quality of the newspaper, the CNA web site and any other CNA media. The Media Team Lead coordinates with other CNews contractors and with volunteers to meet all media deadlines. For CNews, delivery is to be no later than the first day of the issue month. For all other media, updates are to be made in a timely fashion to meet the needs of CNA.
The Media Team Lead operates with the goal of increasing neighborhood engagement, connectedness and inclusivity by directing and tracking the reporting of CNA news and stories of members of the community and creating a welcoming, inclusive environment for everyone in the Concordia neighborhood.
The Media Team Lead will create a structure for media production that seeks efficiency, transparency and involvement by volunteers, and will ensure the work is done if a volunteer or paid CNews contractor is not able to complete an assigned task.
Compensation: The Media Team Lead will be paid at the flat rate of $200 per month for 8 pages ($300/month for 12 pages) for the ongoing services outlined here. Compensation will be due to the contractor only for those months when CNews is produced (generally 11 times per year with no January issue). NOTE: compensation is negotiable.
Estimated hourly commitment is: 20hrs/month.
Skills Required: Leadership skills, excellent communication and interpersonal skills. The job requires work schedule flexibility that allows communication during regular business hours. Minimum qualifications are excellent organizational, writing, communication and interpersonal skills; management/leadership experience in a professional environment, competency in Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photo Shop, MS Word and MS Excel or similar Google products; and familiarity with the process of copy editing.
- The Media Team Lead is the main point of contact with the Media Team Board Liaisons and the CNA Board.
- The Media Team Lead or Editor attends monthly CNA Board meetings.
- The Media Team Lead, in coordination with the Advertising Sales Representative shall prepare and deliver to the CNA Board a monthly summary of financial performance for Media Team operations.
- In coordination with the Editor and Graphic Designer, constantly update, add to or improve all CNA media by periodically reviewing existing media output while keeping in mind the interests of CNA and the Concordia neighborhood.
- The Media Team Lead, in coordination with the Media Team and the Board Liaisons, maintains and develops guidelines used by the Media Team.
- Organize, plan for, and lead monthly Media Team Meetings: announce meetings, prepare agenda, facilitate the meeting, and ensure meeting minutes are circulated to Media Team and Board Liaisons.
- Create a team environment in which all team members can participate and contribute in developing quality communications that support the needs of our neighborhood.
- Organize monthly meetings with Editor, Ad Sales, Graphic Designer and board liaisons to review the previous month’s CNews and focus on improving the paper and its processes; collaborate on other CNA media; and prepare for upcoming Media Team and Board meetings.
- In coordination with Editor, helps to assist or coordinate outreach to association, community and business owners for news and features of interest or concern. The Editor takes the lead role with this task.
- In coordination with Editor, maintain Editorial Calendar, including column inches and story page assignment. Communicate same to Graphic Designer. The Editor takes the lead role with this task.
- Coordinate with Editor and Media Team members to plan and execute the release of newspaper stories via digital media.
- In coordination with Editor, explore opportunities to expand CNews stories or to develop independent content for distribution via web or social media when greater length or interactive features may be possible and appropriate. The Editor takes the lead role with this task.
- Continue to foster and develop web/social media capabilities and capacity on the Media Team.
- Maintain website; add banners and posts announcing upcoming CNA and community events.
- Provide ongoing updates to the website to reflect the needs of the CNA Board CNA committees and the general Concordia neighborhood.
- In coordination with Editor, manage shared storage of Media Team working and archival files (e.g. Dropbox and Google Docs).
Please provide the following to Peter Keller, Chair@ConcordiaPDX.org:
- your resumé,
- your relevant experience leading teams of volunteers,
- and briefly describe your connection with the Concordia neighborhood, if applicable.