Compensation: $30 per CNEWS page per 12-page issue (monthly, except January, currently).
Skills Required: High competency in In Design, Photoshop & Adobe Acrobat; newspaper layout knowledge or willingness to receive training on same.
- Design ads in timely manner to meet print deadlines.
- Design “headshot/byline” pics for each issue.
- Design CNA “house ads” as necessary each month.
- Develop design for new feature concepts, i.e. “Who’s Making it Work?”
- Make photo adjustments for B&W newspaper print for all photos for each CNews issue.
- Work with EIC to layout articles and ads as per EIC instructions.
- Develop layout for each issue of CNEWS on timeline that:
- Follows established CNews template, including paragraph styles
- Meets printing date/time commitment
- Allows for at least TWO days for proofing & time for proofing changes.
Upload Final Newspaper file
- Prepare FINAL file for upload. (Extract files, rename for printing)
- Upload files to printer per printer instructions.
- Review/approve files for printing
Interested candidates who meet the skills and qualifications outlined for this position should email their resume and any supporting documentation to: east1@concordiaPDX.org. There is no close-date; the position will be open until filled.