Compensation: $500/per CNEWS issue (monthly, except January, currently)
Skills Required: Writing and editing skills and experience; excellent communication and interpersonal skills; Competency in Adobe In Design is desired but not required. Competency in MS Word is required. Must be available during regular business hours.
The CNEWS Editor will communicate with established and new writers to cultivate a culture of positive and effective communication and quality contributions; work with the EIC to develop article ideas and to constantly improve CNEWS depth and breadth. The Editor will meet assigned editing deadlines to insure all CNEWS copy is available to DESIGNER as expected, and in the format required for DESIGNER efficiency. The Editor will attend regular CNA Media Team meetings and CNA Board meetings.
- Check CNEWS Editor email daily for articles, press releases, inquiries. Respond as appropriate.
- Meet with writer(s) if situation dictates.
- Download relevant articles, press releases and graphics and save to appropriate share CNEWS folder.
- Edit all articles and press releases according to editorial standards established by Media Team.
- Save all articles to designated DROPBOX or other folder as directed by EIC.
- Write or request captions as applicable.
Editor/Direct Layout & Proofing
- Work with LAYOUT person as required for article fit/placement issues.
- Review draft layout with EIC and DESIGNER
- Work with DESIGNER/LAYOUT person to make proofing changes.
Interested candidates who meet the skills and qualifications outlined for this position should email their resume and any supporting documentation to: east1@concordiaPDX.org. There is no close-date; the position will be open until filled.