There are several options:
- Join our Media Team’s monthly meetings to help plan future issues of CNews and to volunteer for story assignments. We meet the first Monday of each month at 6 p.m. Visit CNA Meetings for the latest on how to attend a meeting.
- Drop us a line about what feature or news story you’d like to write.
- Submit an item about the local event you’re planning to the Concordia Community Events Calendar.
- Write a letter to the editor with no more than 250 words about local happenings, issues, events, compliments, complaints. (See submission guidelines below)
- Develop a Reader’s Opinion piece with no more than 400 words that identifies an issue or problem and that also details the solution or result you propose. (See submission guidelines below)
Contact CNewsEditor@ConcordiaPDX.org. Deadline for submissions is the 10th of the month prior to publication.
Guidelines for Letters to the Editor and Reader’s Opinion pieces:
- Content that is potentially inflammatory, defamatory or libelous will not be accepted for publication.
- Submissions must be sensitive to Concordia’s diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, plus political, religious and general differences.
- Submissions must be in good taste. Avoid profanity. Consider that slang may be misunderstood or misinterpreted.
- Submissions must be respectful of others’ views and opinions. Avoid threatening, attacking or insulting language.
- Letters to the Editor and Reader’s Opinion pieces must include the names of the writers.
- All content is published at the discretion of the Media Team and will include this disclaimer: “The opinions expressed by this writer do not necessarily reflect the views of the Concordia Neighborhood Association.”