By Nancy Varekamp | CNews Editor
Giving Tuesday is November 28
Black Friday – Nov. 24 this year – kicks off the holiday season of giving with shoppers swarming the malls in search of bargains. Then Small Business Saturday sends shoppers to independent stores. After a day of rest, Cyber Monday tempts shoppers with online deals.
Then comes Giving Tuesday Nov. 28. It’s become a nationwide effort to infuse the coffers of local nonprofits to help each community’s less fortunate during the holidays – and throughout the year.
Below is undoubtedly an incomplete list of nonprofits located in and near Concordia that welcome your donations at any time of year.
If you know of others, please add them to CNA’s Facebook page. And don’t forget, local schools, PTAs and churches can do great things with your financial support too.
- Alberta Art Works
- Alberta Main Street
- American Legion Post 134: 2104 N.E. Alberta St, Portland, OR 97211
- Black United Fund of Oregon
- Cerimon House
- Concordia Neighborhood Association: POB 11194, Portland, OR 97211
- Center for Biological Diversity
- Ecumenical Ministries of Oregon (for local for HIV Services, Northeast Emergency Food Program and a host of other programs)
- Eritrean Community Center
- I Have a Dream – Oregon
- LifeWorks/Umoja Center
- Oregon Food Bank
- Oregon Humane Society
- Oregon Stamp Foundation
- Portland Parks & Recreation Foundation