Highlights from the July 12 CNA Board include:
- The board designated Donn Dennis as the neighborhood association’s representative to the Northeast Coalition of Neighbors.
- The board is still looking for a new board member who is interested in serving as treasurer. Please contact Robert for more information.
- The Media Team introduced the people contracted to publish CNews, and the board discussed and approved their contracts (managing editor, editor and graphic designer). The search for an advertising salesperson is still active.
- The board discussed planning for the autumn annual meeting in November, which will feature city commissioner Amanda Fritz. Look for a survey coming soon to solicit feedback in preparation for this meeting with the commissioner. Board elections will be also be held at that meeting.
- Information about upcoming social events was shared. Concerts in the Park at Fernhill were continuing every Friday night in July, plus a parade and concert is scheduled on National Night Out, Tuesday, Aug. 2.
- The Land Use and Transportation Committee gave a quick update on efforts to engage the developer of the Big House project at the corner of 30th Avenue and Killingsworth Street.
- The next board meeting is Tuesday, Sept. 12, at 7 p.m. at the Kennedy School in the Community Room. There is no board meeting in August. Meetings are open to all.