Do you have a passion for service? Would you like to help guide the vision and oversee direction of a dynamic nonprofit that has a voice in shaping your community? Some of the past year’s achievements have included:
• Influencing T-Mobile’s abrupt change in plans to install cell phone antennas
• Saving TriMet bus route number 9
• Raising 17 thousand dollars for hosting 5 concerts in Fernhill park
• Taking an official position against CRC and coal transport
The nomination committee has vetted a roster of candidates, and if your moved to become involved on the night of the elections you can also nominate yourself for an open position. Members attend one monthly meeting, participate in CNA-sponsored events, as well as serve on at least one working committee of their choice. Terms begin January 2013 and run 1-2 years depending upon the position being filled.
We appreciate creative, energetic individuals and are especially looking for people who can provide or desire to learn one or more of the following:
• Fund raising including donor relations, grant writing and events
• Finance (Treasurer)
• Organization (committee chair)
• Leadership (Office of Neighborhood Involvement (ONI)/NECN training)
• Community Outreach
• Be a resident, own property, or a business within our boundaries. You will be asked to sign in at the meeting and confirm your membership in the Concordia neighborhood association.
• There is no age limit for election, but nominees under 18 must attend with a parent or adult chaperone.
Becoming a board member represents all of our community on issues such as Land use,
Livability, and Safety. We partner with local government through our association with the
Office of Neighborhood Involvement (ONI), Northeast Coalition of Neighborhoods (NECN),
and other local community groups.
Save The DATE – Tuesday Nov 6th at 7 pm in the Kennedy School Community Room!
As part of our annual tradition there will be FREE BEVERAGES!! (Beer, Soda, etc).