We’re holding 2 Open Houses in the Witham & Dickey Conference Room to present the progress in design planning for the Village Building Convergence Alberta Crossing Intersection project (NE 42nd Ave & Alberta Count). You can attend one or both meetings, as they are intended to give you 2 options for the best date that works for you:
Witham & Dickey Conference Room
4824 NE 42nd Avenue
Portland, Oregon 97218
Saturday, March 26 at 10:30am to noon.
Monday, March 28 at 3:15pm to 5 PM.
It’s essential that the project have considerable input from all of you as neighborhood and community stakeholders, and so your presence at one of these meetings is greatly valued. We want to develop a “master plan” that illustrates the long-term development goal for the intersection.
The design elements discussed include:
- Seating area space on the four corners, with an coordinated design theme, shelter cover and landscaping where possible.
- A structure design that incorporates metal and wood, and fits the architectural style of the corner buildings.
- NE corner (US Bank corner) designed as tribute “Weather Station” seating area in honor of Eddie Morgan.
- Wall murals on the north side of the Spare Room and south side of Doggy Business, with a design theme that links the two, and creates a visual flow between the two.
- Painted sidewalks on the four corners of the intersection
- Coordinated lighting on the four corners, that could also accommodate cross-street banners
Additional design elements for further enhancement and consideration:
- Changes to the surface of the west wall of the Witham and Dickey buildingDe-paving of the concrete in front of Wilshire Dental
- “Kiosk” created on the south side of the Doggie Business (in the closed-off doorway)
Priority sequence of development:
- Creation of a Master Plan design for the corner, including structure and landscaping design, wall mural design and sidewalk corner painting design.
- Wall murals (as a part of the VBC)
- Painting of the sidewalk corners—if the City requirements can be met in time for the VBC
- One corner landscaping and structure—to reflect the Master Plan.
Much discussion has already happened around design concepts. We hope to be able to give you examples of some of these concepts at the Open House.